Raman spectroscopy calculations

RamanSpectroscopyFun
Hello,

I am quite interested in Raman spectroscopy. For the reason I would like to get deeper into it. So I searched some details about it, so I know, that each particle emits specific "rainbow" after it receives some amount of radiation from light in various wave lengths and similar situation is if the particles are bonded together.

However when I wanted to find further information about how is this calculated, I have found in general nothing what could explain me how exactly are the atoms and molecules calculated.

Do you have any idea where I could find some scripts where it would be described? What mathematical background do I need to understand the topic? Regarding to the mathematical level of my knowledge, I have not a degree from math nor physics, but I am willing to learn, so I need more detailed description regarding the needed knowledge background and the needed materials.

Thanks in advance for your information about the areas which are needed to learn.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am slowly getting into it. It looks like this is being calculated using Rydberg formula. I am reading out the related stuff and after I will have more time I will try to get into it deeper, but now it looks like I have some chance to find out how is this exactly calculated.