SOLVED

SafeSearch only on bing.com/chat?

Copper Contributor

Could someone explain this to me if necessary?!

bing.com/chat should be the same as copilot.microsoft.com

Why can't students go to bing.com/chat because of SafeSearch, but everything works fine on copilot.microsoft.com?

I've already tried everything possible, registry keys are set, Intune policies are working correctly, profile has already been switched from school to work... I'm starting to doubt my sanity. I've already switched the license from student to teacher as a test, without any impact. Should actually work with A3 / A5.

:\

7 Replies

Hi @DeathSheepchen, thanks for reaching out. Are your students higher ed or K-12? And are they accessing copilot.mircrosoft.com using their Entra IDs (formerly ADD) or using the unauthenticated or MSA experience?

Hi @Eric_VanAelstyn , Thank you very much for the feedback.

These are primary school students.
This logs in to Edge, Bing and Copilot with the Entra ID. (SSO)
Please post any resolution you guys reach here in the comments. Thanks! #Following
@Erik Olsson
Unfortunately no solution has been found in this regard yet.

Hi @DeathSheepchen , thanks for following up indicating that you're encountering the issue with primary school students. Commercial data protection is not yet available for students aged 18 and under which is why you're experiencing the issue. In EDU, commercial data protection currently available only for faculty licenses and for students aged 18 and older. Please keep an eye out for future announcements regarding students aged 18 and under.

Hello @Eric_VanAelstyn

Thank you very much for the feedback. That would be fine in theory - but why does it work on copilot.microsoft.com but not on bing.com/chat? Both logged in with the Edge and with the corresponding account.

According to Microsoft, both should be basically the same. Data protection would be one thing, but it doesn't work on bing.com/chat because of SafeSearch - but it's not blocked on copilot. That's what I don't fully understand.
best response confirmed by DeathSheepchen (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @DeathSheepchen, I talked with the product team and they are working on a fix for this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DeathSheepchen (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @DeathSheepchen, I talked with the product team and they are working on a fix for this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post